Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Patten Family Tribute, September 25, Manti

The Manti Camp of the Daughters of the Utah Pioneers invites all descendants of John Patten Sr. and Abigail Stiles and all descendants of John Patten Sr. and Hannah Ingersoll to a "Settlement of Sanpete" Honor Day Tribute on Saturday, September 25, 2010 in Manti, Utah. Details and registration information can be found here.

The activities for that day include tours of the Patten House DUP Museum, drive-by tours of local homes and properties (Patten and Billings), walking tour of family graves in the Manti Cemetery, lunch at the Manti Tabernacle, and a family program in the Tabernacle Chapel honoring the Patten Family and their history.

I see on the schedule that you can register that morning, but I know the planners would love to have some indication in advance of how many to expect. They are also producing a family history book ($20) as part of this event.

I am planning to attend this event and will have copies of Not Just Keeping House available for those who are interested. I'm especially anxious to learn more about this interesting family and meet more cousins (because you really can't ever have too many cousins).

Hope to see some of you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment